Océano Superior is a product specifically developed for public libraries, universities and schools that provide access via the Internet to content related to general knowledge in Spanish, specializing in content for universities.
Océano Superior’s content is specifically created for Spanish-speaking university settings.
Océano Superior has at its disposal information from over 191,000 articles in Spanish and 40,000 graphics and images with specific content from the Spanish-speaking countries.
Océano Superior has an advanced search tool, developed by Océano, that retrieves from the databases the most relevant results for the widest to the narrowest searches.
Information derives from different sources that offer a complete perspective on all the topics covered in university settings:
- Reference Information. Over 89,000 articles from the Océano database, and other sources such as the literary dictionary Bompiani.
- Articles from specialized journals and publications. The database included over 66,000 articles from a series of selected publication.
- Historical documents (transcribed or digitized). Over 1,900 documents of historical value, including a complete selection from the Archivos de Indias.
- Literary classics (complete or pieces of works). A selection of over 650 literary works and recompilations from the most distinguished Spanish-speaking authors.
- Images. Over 9,000 images from key moments in history to works of art to animations.
- Maps. Over 1,500 different types of maps that span the world, and include dynamic city maps.
- Anatomic atlas. Made up of 300 illustrations that cover the anatomy of the human body.
- Dictionaries. Dictionary entries from the Spanish language, synonyms and antonyms, bilingual to English, French, Portuguese, and German.
Offers the user several options to make searches rapid and easy:
- Simple searches
- Advanced searches
- Searches by theme
- Biographical searches
- Literary classics
- Anatomic atlas
The Océano Superior database is constantly updated with new content and previous content is revised. Océano’s editorial team has tailored each article to ensure the searches provide the most relevant information.
Océano Superior is a web application that provides access to a large database. The product’s technical features are the following:
- Developed with technology J2EE (JAVA), via Servlet Engine, using de facto standards (frameworks MVC, etc) that have been proven and extended in the market.
- More powerful and in continuous improvement because of the biweekly updates to the XML documentary.
- Housed in its own servers that have proven high performance, which allows access to a high number of users, with an exceptional response time.
- All the information is accessible as HTML type documents using XML as the base format.
- Managed, indexed and accessible information through a powerful document manager.
- Supported by a powerful database manager.
- System of user information and statistics extraction and analysis.
- Compatible with different navigator types and versions.
- Interface designed prioritizing utility and facility of access to the information.
- Integration of advanced multimedia elements by using universal web technologies like Flash, Java, or Shockwave.
- Incorporation of the latest developments and innovations that are in constant investigation by the development team.
- Support provided by a team specialized in client attention.
- Guarantee of permanent access thanks to technical support available 24x7.